PDA

View Full Version : peaks in Gr.Paradiso Natural Park

Valerio Tarone
08-31-2010, 03:24 PM
made many pictures...I fear you'll receive. These are the mountains at italian-french border.
Few min. before the sunset with the warm light of late summer.
Nikon D300 zoom sigma 17-35 at 26. f8 1/80 -0,3 Ev semispot metering Aperture pr.
ISO 200 work in Nikon capture in sat, sharpening, curves, levels, red.of noise.
C& C.welcome. i think is like a postcard.

Dave Mills
08-31-2010, 04:52 PM
Hi Valerio, I feel you did a good job with the composition adding the rocks as a foreground and having a good view of the lake without cutting it noticeably. The comp is also divided well.
This is a perfect example where a GND filter would be of value. Most of the clouds are lacking detail and the filter would of helped bring that out.
It looks like you lightened the rocks on the right since they have a bit of a washed out look. The GND would of helped to balance the exposure.
If you don't have a GND I might have attempted trying an HDR.
In the future, if you have extremes in lighting the meter will have a difficult time averaging the exposure and generally favor one or the other...

Robert Amoruso
09-01-2010, 07:15 AM
Valerio,

Good suggestions from Dave. I was wondering if the right side issue is due to lens flare. Is it lens flare or as Dave suggested, post-processing induced?

Valerio Tarone
09-01-2010, 11:23 AM
I sometimes forget to say something:1 polarizer filter and tripod 2Yes Robert, I thought the R part too dark, perhaps it's wrong 3the rock on the R is also to hide a car park and the hut.
Question to all: I'seen excellent,fine, photos in an italian forum, They(the workshop) used, often, not always, very narrow aperture, polarizer filter+GND . Do you agree?
if you like to see them is :www.asferico.com-portfolio-Luci e colori di Carnia- robertocattini.
Thanks.

Dave Mills
09-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Hi Valerio, the link isnt working for me...

Roman Kurywczak
09-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Hey Valerio,
The link isn't working for me either.....but I will say yes to the GND. IMO the most important filter for a landscaper..... more important than the polariser......although I highly suggest that as a must have too! If you are not using the GND filter.....then HDR or exposure blending is a must. At those magic light hours the camera's can't handle the range.....so either the filters or some form of exposure blending is a must! Hope this helps.