PDA

View Full Version : Long Time

Don Lacy
08-30-2010, 03:08 PM
Since I had anything to post on the Macro forum. After having a wonderful winter shooting birds were I was able to meet most of the goals I had set for my self I was looking forward to the summer and creating images I have been previsualizing for the last couple of years. But life interrupted and I have had very little time out in the field but I was able to get away this morning and test a 7D a friend had lent me and I did find one or two DF to shoot:)
Here is a nice looking Four Spotted Pennant perching on a rather ugly reed.

7D, 300 f4 IS + 25mm Ext tube, 1/125 at f/14, Aperture Priority, Evaluative Metered + 2/3, ISO 400, Raw, Small Crop (BTW I am really liking the 7D using the latest version of ACR the files are as nice if not nicer then my 40D at the ISO's I shoot at.)

denise ippolito
08-30-2010, 03:27 PM
Absolutely fantastic! I love the composition, colors, and sharpness. Very well done.:)

Ken Childs
08-30-2010, 04:08 PM
Very nice, Don! I think I would have liked it better if you'd been able to take a step or 2 to the right so a bit more of the face was showing but it's still good as is.

Julie Kenward
08-30-2010, 06:06 PM
Agree with both Denise and Ken...I love it as is but a more "up front" look would have made my eye bug out. Sorry to hear you've been too busy to shoot - I was wondering where you'd gone. Glad to see you finally made your way to the great outdoors!

OvidiuCavasdan
08-31-2010, 01:25 AM
Very nice details, colors and BG. I like the perch. I prefer this angle for getting the body in focus, smaller aperture is not always possible, so I like it as presented.

Roman Kurywczak
08-31-2010, 02:58 PM
Hey Don,
Nice to see you back! Sharp where it needs to be.....maybe I would prefer it a hair over.....but the killer BG and colors make this one still a winner!!!

Steve Maxson
08-31-2010, 07:01 PM
Excellent light, colors, sharpness, and background, Don. The sideways pose works for me, though a view more from the front would be a nice alternative. You might consider removing the little wisp of spider web below the dragonfly. Well done.

Mike Moats
08-31-2010, 07:40 PM
Hey Don, you always do a great job on your d-fly shots. Good details, comp, and BG.

Don Hamilton Jr.
08-31-2010, 07:58 PM
Donnie; Very Sweet, nice to see you back out at it!!! 7d rocks Right??? I like this a lot, would agree with the above, a bit more to the right! Another super sharp capture!
Don H.

Adrian David
09-01-2010, 11:03 AM
Very nice colors and clean BG. Good details on the DF.