PDA

View Full Version : Cranes at Dusk

Bonnie Block
08-30-2010, 11:44 AM
A little early for the "Birds in Habitat" . Trying to get a little different look to my images. Not sure if this one will work--It is high ISO and shot wide open-- but at least it will help appease me until I can get back to Bosque and try again!:)
I did remove some snow geese in the bg that were flying in.
Canon 1D MKIII
1/800s f/5.6 at 700.0mm iso1600

Kaustubh Deshpande
08-30-2010, 11:49 AM
Certainly works Bonnie....infact I think it is a great shot. One nice sharp bird in the middle to anchor and then all those OOF birds and the BG....this is crazy good stuff. Wouldn't touch a thing.

Juan Aragonés
08-30-2010, 11:53 AM
It works for me Bonnie, in fact I love the mood in the scene. I think that this one would also work fine in a pano crop (removing part of the upper frame). I do not know if this is a crop of full frame or even if you have another frame with the main subject, the crane in the foreground, placed more at the right (it looks a bit centerd to my taste). Thanks for sahring this one :)

Bonnie Block
08-30-2010, 12:05 PM
Thanks, guys!
I certainly loved being there when these birds were coming in. It was a very cool scene--but really tough to shoot.
Juan, I agree--I think the bird is a little centered. If I go on to print this I think I will take the liberty of moving that far right bird in a bit. It is a little bit of a crop--but not bad. Pano would be good too.

denise ippolito
08-30-2010, 06:47 PM
Bonnie, Nice depth to the image. Juan makes some good points. I do like it as presented.

Greg Basco
08-31-2010, 10:39 AM
Bonnie, I love the light and the sort of desaturated feel to the image, and I like the idea of that sharply focused bird as an anchor. I'm with Juan that having that bird more to the right (and in the process eliminating the bird peeking on the far right as presented) might be an interesting option to try.

Cheers,
Greg Basco

Nico Steenberg
08-31-2010, 03:18 PM
Great sighting. Also like this, would be nice to see how it would look like if you try-ed out a smaller aperture f15 to get more in focus. Congrats on this