PDA

View Full Version : Black-shouldered Kite

Lorant Voros
08-30-2010, 09:10 AM
I'm returned from a trip to Namibia. Here is one of the first files out of the many; taken in Etosha after gate opening around 6:30AM.
1DMKIII
500mm+1.4TC
ISO800
f:8
1/800
window as resting point

Greg Basco
08-30-2010, 09:15 AM
Lorant, I like the composition here very much. I wonder if you could tone down the yellows a bit to gain back some detail in the flowers/buds. I'm guessing this is a by-product of the nice, warm early morning light.

Cheers,
Greg Basco

Kaustubh Deshpande
08-30-2010, 10:06 AM
Lorant, this is beautiful. Stunning stunning perch. Loved the eye of the kite and the softness in the feathers.....but the perch is what makes it so special. One suggestion is to have a little less room at top and a little more below....bird's eye at rule-of-thirds line.

Fernando Diez
08-30-2010, 10:20 AM
Lorant, nice composition, good perch and love this eye! Good light too.

Juan Aragonés
08-30-2010, 10:47 AM
Excelent composition Lorant, I really like this one a lot. Perhaps, less room at the top would improve the composition placing the bird more towards the upper right corner. Some levels adjustment in the middletones and white areas of the plumage to tone down it a bit would also be nice. Fantastic light, pose and what a perch. That eye is killer

Lorant Voros
08-30-2010, 11:12 AM
Thanks guys for the comments.
Juan, your repost looks a bit dark on my laptop, but tomorrow I am flying home to Mexico and I am sure it looks great on my Cinema Display. Looking forward to see it. Thank you very much for the time spent on the correction.

Lorant

Juan Aragonés
08-30-2010, 11:48 AM
Lorant do not worry, monitors are always showing different sides of the same image :D the most important thing is that the image is really good. Have a nice flight to home :)

Nico Steenberg
08-31-2010, 03:01 PM
Excellent shot of a Black-shouldered Kite. Like the comp and perch. Difficult customer to expose and you did a good job. Well done