08-30-2010, 06:55 AM
http://www.indianaturewatch.net/images/album/photo/5132476114c6ce39ce4cc8.jpg

Camera : Canon 50D
Lens : Canon 100-400L IS
ISO : 400
Speed : 1/800 sec.
Aperture : F/7.1

Taken at Jamnagar (Gujarat), India.

Would love to know your suggestions on this.... :)

Arthur Morris
08-30-2010, 07:52 AM
Sweet light, sharp, and a very good head angle. A very pretty image for what looks like a garbage dump.... :) I would eliminate the four white specks on the burlap along the bottom frame edge.

Daniel Cadieux
08-30-2010, 08:50 AM
Nice colours on the starling, and good comp. Although I find the BG mildly distracting, I do find the patterns and colours quite intriguing. There is blown area alonng the top edge that could be fixed by cloning some neighbouring pixels.

Bill Jobes
08-30-2010, 09:06 AM
I love the bird's pose and detail. I concur with the background comments, and would suggest, as long as you're cloning, to soften, color-over or at least reduce the brightness of the large white spot above the head. The BG hues overall are very appealing, in spite of their material origins.

Juan Aragonés
08-30-2010, 11:06 AM
The background is a bit distracting but, in this case, I think that works quite good because adds information about the habitat of the species with details enought to think that is a lot of garbage. Composition, pose, light ans sharpness works fine for me. Thanks for sharing :)

Trivedi Vatsal
08-30-2010, 11:48 AM
Thanks a lot Arthur sir, Daniel sir, Bill sir & Juan sir for your kind words. As you all noted here the BG was garbage full of plastic bags. The bird was searching food there & I got chance to click it. Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I'll try to work on that & will repost it. I'm still on the learning phase & your suggestions will help me a lot.... :)

Nico Steenberg
08-31-2010, 02:56 PM
Great eye contact and exposure Subject is sharp with good colours. Nit covered. Well done

RakeshDhareshwar
09-01-2010, 04:31 AM
The bird is very sharp and the exposure looks spot on . The blown highlights distract , but the other colours do add to the image !