PDA

View Full Version : Common tern, simplified

Myer Bornstein
08-29-2010, 01:09 PM
This is a picture of a tern that caught a pipe fish had Nickerson beach in Long Island while I was at Artie's IPT. In Photoshop, I ran Topaz simplify.

Kerry Perkins
08-29-2010, 02:13 PM
Meyer, this is a good catch, for both you and the tern! I'm seeing a halo around the bird and pipefish that I would deal with. You might consider lightening that small bit of catchlight. I like the effect on the feathers.

Indranil Sircar
08-29-2010, 04:09 PM
Interesting image and effect. Never seen a tern with a pipefish. I too can see the halo. TFS.

denise ippolito
08-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Myer, The pipe fish is way cool. I didn't get a single image w/ a pipe fish. I like what you did with the crop, The effect is interesting. I too see the halo and wonder if the HAP are gonna come calling:) Myer, It was a lot of fun out there despite the weather conditions. Thanks for the rain jacket;)

Myer Bornstein
08-29-2010, 07:21 PM
The halo is from the conversion with Topaz simplfly. Yes it was fun depite the weather.:D:) Actually it was the sand that gave me problems. the only piece of equipment that is not working is the Teleconverter :(.

denise ippolito
08-29-2010, 07:35 PM
Myer, I just found out today that my teleconverter isn't water proof:( I had no idea.

Cheryl Slechta
08-30-2010, 06:48 PM
Myer, I don't think I've ever seen a pipefish - it looks like a snake. The tern looks like he's not sure what to do with it.:)