PDA

View Full Version : Coastal Brown Bear Sow and Cubs out clamming

Robert Amoruso
08-29-2010, 08:08 AM
From my Lake Clark National Park, AK workshop in July.

This is a stitched image as I was too long for capture them all in one image. I would have liked a better positioning of the sow but never got it while the cubs were playing.

Canon 1D Mark III
Canon 600mm + 1.4x TC (840mm)
1/500 sec, f/5.6
Mode: Manual
Metering: Evaluative
ISO: 400

Andrew Merwin
08-29-2010, 09:19 AM
Robert,
I like the interaction of the cubs & the texture & color of the tidal flat. I see what you mean about the sow & I think it would be neat if she was looking up at you.
Andrew

Hilary Hann
08-29-2010, 06:34 PM
Well executed stitch and great subject matter. I love the horizontal lines in the background, really graphic. The cubs playing could have been a picture by themselves but I do like having the sow there as well … adds more depth. TFS.

Morkel Erasmus
09-02-2010, 03:12 AM
I love the light, the uncluttered surroundings and the nice interaction between the cubs as mom keeps on looking for dinner Robert...awesome stitching, nice to see it done with a wildlife shot :)

Paul Taylor
09-02-2010, 07:52 AM
Again, this is a great technique to learn - or rather to think of in this context. The interaction between the cubs is wonderful and you already mentioned the issue with it - the mother just seems too detached (and I don't meant that because of the stitch) so it's almost looking at one great bear picture and one good one together.... not actually a bad thing when you think about it. I also wonder if you think a little more DOF might have been good or is the very, very thin DOF something you were aiming for - gives the picture something for sure.

Tom Redd
09-02-2010, 08:15 AM
I too love the light and coloring, nice job on the stitch.

Sid Garige
09-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Robert,

With out 1.4x was there a possibility of getting them in one single frame?
Personally, I would have concentrated on cubs in action and ignored the sow.

Haim Ziv
09-03-2010, 10:16 AM
Beautiful done. The light and the color are great.