08-28-2010, 10:51 PM
Canon 7D
Canon 100mm f/2.8
Canon 430EX + Lumiquest Softbox
1/1250 sec f/10 ISO 400

Roman Kurywczak
08-29-2010, 09:04 PM
Hey Ian,
Yellows look blown on my monitor....seeing that the flash was full power.....may be the culprit! Check to see that you didn't do that in post.....and if it is slight....just add blue or desat the yellows. I am also feeling that this may be over sharpened....so you may want to go back and re-work this one and in the process....tone down the ULC and eliminate the light green blob in the URC. Just re-post it her if yo get a chance.

Ian Cassell
08-29-2010, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the input, Roman. I'm not really seeing the blown yellows -- where specifically are you looking? Maybe that spot in front of the black band on the bee's back? I agree with the oversharpening and will go back and try and fix that. I also agree with your comments about the upper corners.

Don Lacy
08-30-2010, 03:37 PM
Hi Ian, The top petal in ULC is definetly blow if you pull the image into PS as posted you get a the following Reading R 255, G 255, B 0.

Mike Moats
08-31-2010, 07:43 PM
Hey Ian, very nice details which makes it for me. The one spot of yellow is a little hot, but over all the yellows look fine.

Anita Bower
09-01-2010, 05:55 AM
I like the yellow on yellow--it helps keep the image simple. Nice details on bee and flower center. The yellows are not bothering me, and I agree with Mike. I think I would prefer the image rotated 180 degrees, probably because I'm more used to seeing flowers facing up. As mentioned above, I'd clean up both upper corners so as not to distract from the bee. Nice job!