PDA

View Full Version : Slide show software to present your images??

Jason Ambler
03-09-2008, 11:58 AM
I have images that I wouldn't mind showing to friends and family and I was wondering what program most of you use to develop a slide show? I have used MS movie maker and MuVee as well as CS3 bridge but I know there has to be more options that would allow me more control over the interface with the program. Here is my wish list in a program...
1. unlimited images and music files
2. editing of music files (cut to length I need)
3. ability to zoom images in and out as transitions (choosing point of zoom would be a
plus-last program chose the zoom point and I ended up with birds without heads etc...)
(multiple transition types and filters a plus as well)
4. No image detail or sharpness loss in transition to finished program
5. ability to save finished program under multiple formats

Although I do not want to pay a lot of money for a program I have also learned that it is better to get what you need rather than buy something just to suite the time being and soon after buy what you should have the first time :)

Any suggestions would be appreciated (and if I missed some key abilities of the program in my wish list please let me know what else to look for in a program)

Jason

Gayle Clement
03-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Microsoft has a program called PhotoStory 3 for free download which is really amazing. It allows unlimited number of photos, a variety of music (you can upload your own), optional titles and credits, and easy voice over. It even lets you save your slide show for computer, cell phone and email.

You may want something more sophisticated than this but check it out.

john crookes
03-09-2008, 01:54 PM
After trying out several different softwares I finally settled on Pro Show Producer and the latest version which I have not upgraded to yet is supposed to be one of the best yet

It is not cheap but imo well worth it

they do have a lesser version available which may have the features you want

Pro Show Gold

I had that one as well for a free 30 days but liked the robust producer more

John

George DeCamp
03-09-2008, 01:58 PM
I have used Picture2Exe for about 6 or 7 yrs now. They keep upgrading it and all upgrades are free;

http://www.wnsoft.com/

Works like a charm.

Doug West
03-09-2008, 02:41 PM
I've used Picture2Exe for three years and it does
everything I need. Its so simple to use, even I
figured it out.

Doug

Eric Silvi
03-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Another vote for PhotoDex Pro Show Gold. I've used it for four years and have been very happy with it.

Ben Page
03-10-2008, 01:49 AM
I mainly use Pictures2Exe which is excellent, quick and easy to use. I have found that Pro Show Gold has more features and is easier to produce DVD slideshows than with Pictures2Exe (although it has improved in recent versions). And I believe Pictures2Exe is cheaper.

jeffdjohnston
03-10-2008, 03:13 AM
Hope this isn't too bad of a threadjack but.... does any of the recommended software allow for precise slide/music synching similar to the old-fashioned tapedeck/tone method? With this method, I could hit a button on the tapedeck at the precise moment I wanted a slide to change. Most of what I've seen lately involves counting or a timeline which are too cumbersome for me. Thanks for any help and my apologies to Jason.

Jeff Johnston

john crookes
03-10-2008, 03:02 PM
photodex software alows you to sync the slide to the audio track and even adjust them accordingly also the fades or disolves can be adjusted independtly

Maxis Gamez
03-10-2008, 05:38 PM
I use Flash for all my animations.

Jason Ambler
03-10-2008, 10:42 PM
Thank you all for your suggestions I really appreciate your help :) From what I have seen I have narrowed it down to 2

Picture2Exe
or
photodex proshow producer

I have one more question if someone can answer that would make my decision.

I read that photodex produces awesome DVD's but if you want to make a slide show for web they end up requiring the viewer to download quite large files because they do not compress as well as some other programs?? If anyone has had actual experience I would love to hear from you because I want people to see my images not skip the download because it takes too long.

Thanks again

Jason

Rene A
03-11-2008, 08:44 AM
I also use Pro Show Gold and Producer...because it comes with a Presenter..

George DeCamp
03-13-2008, 10:06 AM
Hope this isn't too bad of a threadjack but.... does any of the recommended software allow for precise slide/music synching similar to the old-fashioned tapedeck/tone method? With this method, I could hit a button on the tapedeck at the precise moment I wanted a slide to change.

There is a mode in Picture2Exe which allows you to play the music and click when you want the slide to change, it places a mark on the time line to show where you clicked. This mark (an x) can be moved with your mouse.

Here is an older slide show from 2003 using Picture2Exe. I did some synching in the middle section;

http://www.decamp.net/bonaire2003/bonaire.exe

ps: About 16MB in size, please save to your HD to play, it probably will looked messed up otherwise. Hit "ESC" <esc> at any time to quit.

Also version 5.1 deluxe makes DVD's with a mouse click or 2 now.</esc>