PDA

View Full Version : Mallorca coast

Kaushik Balakumar
08-27-2010, 12:22 PM
From an evening in the island of Mallorca - Spain.

Techs:
Nikon D300, Nikkor 12-24mm, tripod.
f/16, ISO200, B+W circ-pol, 2 exposures blend - one for sky and one for the rest.

Critiques welcome.

Dave Mills
08-27-2010, 02:53 PM
Hi Kalushik, Nice use of HDR technique giving you a good exposure blend without looking contrived. The beautiful lighting and soft waterflow is very appealing along with an interesting sky.
The use of the rock ledge as a leading line is also very effective even though it's centered.
I like the image very much but was wondering if a small touch of lightening the foreground might be effective.(not much) Well handled...

Ron Bernstein
08-27-2010, 10:00 PM
Congratulations on the fine image. I agree with Dave's comments. At first I had
wished that the water flowed around the front edge, but then I noticed how interesting
the sky was, realized it would have been lost if it was even possible to get the bottom of the land
structure, and got over it!

Robert Amoruso
08-28-2010, 08:06 AM
Kaushik,

I think the composition is effect w/o including the tip of the bottom FG rock but I am wondering did you do a composition w/the FG rock tip included and if so can you post it for comparison.

Kaushik Balakumar
08-28-2010, 02:02 PM
Thank you all for the comments.

@Robert: Unfortunately I do not have any frames which includes more of the very bottom. However, I do have a frame which excludes it completely and starts from the puddle (seen in the center of the current frame) ahead of this one. I shall share that in couple of days.

Roman Kurywczak
08-29-2010, 07:50 PM
Hey Kaushik,
Just got back to NJ....so a little late and can't add much to the FG discussion. While I too may have wanted it all in.....this was very nicely composed with sweet light and a great sky! Great job on the blend too!