PDA

View Full Version : A Chicago View

Dave Mills
08-27-2010, 10:40 AM
I took this image in Chicago this past week with my new Canon G11. I had it set on auto since I was handholding and wasn't very concerned about DOF since most of my images were taken at a distance with few foregrounds. This was a trial time with the camera and I must say it performed very well.
This city is a wonderful place to experiment with compositions since it is an unending source of interesting buildings old and new. I had to get my head adjusted to shooting architecture. After a few hours I was getting the eye.
Kerry Perkins gave me a few tips and I visited the few he recommended.(thanks Kerry) I went with another couple so I couldn't time the best lighting and had to be opportunistic.
Highly recommend the boat ride around the city. You will have views you couldn't get otherwise.

Nick Palmieri
08-27-2010, 11:11 AM
Dave Mills using "AUTO"...what is the world coming to??? This is so cool love the angles and really like the blue sky reflection in the windows of the taller building. This may make a sweet B&W conversion...

Robert Amoruso
08-28-2010, 07:58 AM
Travel, cityscapes and architecture.... I am loving it.

Nice work Dave, I like your composition w/o any intersection of of the curved, diagonal and vertical surfaces. You are going to have to get yourself some tilt-shift lenses.:D

Roman Kurywczak
08-29-2010, 07:47 PM
Hey Dave,
I like the play of the curves on the buildings! You will have to go 100% Canon for the T/S.....Nikon doesn't make one:D....that architect was quite the artist!!! Check out the windows on the left of that building!!! Way cool!