View Full Version : Indian School Park

Ian Cassell
08-26-2010, 11:07 PM
Canon 30D
Sigma 10-20mm @ 11mm with C.P.
1/60 sec f/18 ISO 100

Nick Palmieri
08-27-2010, 07:35 AM
Hey Ian, I like what you are trying to do here. I think the mushrooms and the 2 larger trees form a nice triangle. I wish the trees in the distant between the larger trees were absent, and I wish you didn't cut off the top of the large tree (just a bit...). I would also clone out the branches 2/3 of the way up on the right. TFS

Roman Kurywczak
08-27-2010, 08:28 AM
Hey Ian,
I think Nick gave you some good suggestions.....so if OK with them try them out in PP'ing... but as always.....keep them in mind for in the field next time out. I do think your light was a bit harsh here. Given the setting and the use of the CP.....pretty much the sunny 16 rule.....which if possible, I try to avoid. I think an earlier or later light would make this more dramatic! The scene has a nice flow to it so longer shadows would allow for more impact in everything from the grasses to the trees. I do like that you are looking at some unusual yet cool angles......just try them out in the better light and that alone will bring the image up a notch or 2.

Dave Mills
08-27-2010, 09:43 AM
Hi Ian, Good comments by Roman and Nick.. I like the low angle and the fact your looking to create compositions out of ordinary subjects. Agree on the lighting and the clipping of the large tree. The small branch on the rt is an easy fix...

Kaushik Balakumar
08-27-2010, 12:20 PM
Liked the near-to-far composition here. Well seen and captured.

Ian Cassell
08-27-2010, 12:44 PM
Thanks, everyone! Comments much appreciated as always.

Robert Amoruso
08-28-2010, 07:52 AM
Not much more to add Ian. Your on the right track in your thinking of making a interesting composition. Keep on the lookout for the right subjects and the best of light.