PDA

View Full Version : Greenbottle Fly

Steve Maxson
08-26-2010, 01:56 PM
This common, but colorful, Greenbottle Fly (Family Calliphoridae) was feeding on a daisy flower. 40D, MP-E 65 mm, 1/250, f/16, ISO 100, macro twin flash (diffused), hand held. A slightly lower shooting angle might have been an improvement. All comments are welcome and appreciated.

Roman Kurywczak
08-26-2010, 03:31 PM
Hey Steve,
I'm fine w/ this angle as it shows of the wing detail nicely. Lower angle would work to....but more for the body and face. As usual.....great details and sharpness.....with just the right amount of detail in the BG. Another winner in my book!:cheers:

Julie Kenward
08-26-2010, 07:36 PM
I'd say perfection but I find myself wanting a little more head/face to look at. Still, what you did capture - excellent work. I'm going to stop saying how much I admire what you're doing with this lens every time I comment so just imagine that its implied from here on out. ;)

Jonathan Ashton
08-27-2010, 11:25 AM
Yet another gem of a shot, my only comment would be perhaps taken from a tad lower may have added even more dynamism to the shot.

Ken Childs
08-27-2010, 03:57 PM
As long as you would have been able to keep the petals as a BG, I'm in the 'slightly lower' camp but this is still wonderful as is. :)