PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Country

Andrew Merwin
08-26-2010, 08:03 AM
Mrk3, tripod, ISO 100, f/14, 1/50, +0.67 ev, 100mm

I made this image on the high plains of south central Montana. The mountains in the BG are the Crazies, named after a woman who remained in the area & went insane mourning her husband & 2 sons killed by Indians.
Andrew

Roman Kurywczak
08-26-2010, 02:39 PM
Hey Andrew,
First thing that caught my attention was the road. As presented it draws my eye to the left side and takes it out the frame edge. I think it could have added more mood to the image....especially the dust coming off the vehicle......if you used the road as a line. Right now, the fende and the road all draw me left.....makng the RH side out of balance. Since the top cloud is clipped already....croping just below it helps eliminate that and puts more focus on the range. Looks like a tough place to find an angle with the road.....and the range.....but worth exploring on future trips.

Andrew Merwin
08-26-2010, 02:53 PM
Thanks Roman. I thought the road & fence would draw the viewer's eye to the horizon & then the viewer would follow the horizon to the right & the mountains.

Robert Amoruso
08-26-2010, 06:40 PM
I agree with Roman 100% here. Thanks for the details on the name. I am looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Dave Mills
08-26-2010, 11:06 PM
Hi Andrew, Roman brought out some good points. I like the emptiness of the scene but as stated the image is strongly weighted to the left when I would prefer the eye being directed to the backround.(IMO it's being directed towards the truck)
Good effort with alot of interest in the sky...

Andrew Merwin
08-27-2010, 07:00 AM
Thanks everyone for your comments. I appreciate learning from your experience.

Kaushik Balakumar
08-27-2010, 12:19 PM
Beautiful landscape; especially liked the far of mountains & dunes + the tones in it.
Would agree with Roman on the road.
Thanks for sharing.