PDA

View Full Version : Ostriches running

Austin Thomas
08-25-2010, 06:26 PM
This image was created in Kenya, Masai Mara region, when I noticed these incredibly large flightless birds running across the open land.

It is cropped from the original so the quality is not perfect but I hope is shows the behaviour of these birds.

C&C welcome.

Canon 30D, 300mm f4, 1/1000. ISO400

Austin

Arthur Morris
08-25-2010, 06:56 PM
Killer action pose for each of them. You are a master at creating images of running subjects in Africa!

Austin Thomas
08-25-2010, 07:05 PM
Thanks Artie,

I do like to photograph wildlife that is moving. I find it challenging and personally rewarding.

I am back in Africa next month so you can either cancel my subscription or get ready for the next set of images .....

Cheers

Austin

Art Kornienko
08-25-2010, 07:14 PM
I really like the crop too, the action is super, great bg, the position of the legs on the bird on the left make it look like a full gallop, the feathers blowing in the wind and the open beaks, great stuff Austin. The 300 F4 shines with this one, a lens that is at times under rated.

Arthur Morris
08-25-2010, 07:22 PM
Thanks Artie,

I do like to photograph wildlife that is moving. I find it challenging and personally rewarding.

I am back in Africa next month so you can either cancel my subscription or get ready for the next set of images .....

Cheers

Austin

I think that I will go with "B."

Marina Scarr
08-25-2010, 09:08 PM
I don't post too often these days, but this capture has inspired me to sign in and reply. Love the open beaks on all 3 and the feathers in all different positions. Had no idea their "thighs" were so thick/powerful and the action here is just amazing. Both the FG and the BG really work to enhance your birds and the action. I think I am looking at a contender for the IOTW. Thank you for sharing this gem.

Marina

Michael Stern
08-25-2010, 09:48 PM
A truly superb image!
I kind of related to Marina's comments regarding their theighs...and thought of the art shows I go to and the yummie turkey legs they sell for lunch...these would be extra special:)

Kaustubh Deshpande
08-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Austin, this is quite terrific. The separation between them is perfect. All three with open beaks is a huge huge plus. Good DOF as well. TFS

Nico Steenberg
08-29-2010, 02:59 PM
Great action and crop. All three sharp and well exposed with good colours.