View Full Version : mud flat alaska

stuart wanuck
08-24-2010, 05:01 PM
nikon d 300 iso 400
ap 1/250 @ 6.3
18-200 mm lens

Hilary Hann
08-24-2010, 09:00 PM
Lovely soft colours here and I like the poses of the bears with the circular water ripples around them. Might take a fraction off the fg. the trees look like they could do with a cw rotation.

Stephen Stephen
08-25-2010, 12:05 PM
Stuart I love this habitat image with the bear family interaction. It tells a whole story. Nice division of the horizontal themes (bears' feet and tree line) separating the frame into thirds.

Like Hilary I thought that the trees and foreshore might be off of horizontal but perhaps its an optical illusion if you photographed this at a diagonal (instead of at right angles) to the shoreline.

Rachel Hollander
08-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Hi Stuart - like the mood of this a lot. The subtle colors really add to the image.

TFS,
Rachel

Robert Amoruso
08-26-2010, 07:42 AM
Stuart,

Since I have similar images from this location I know the trees are correct. At the diagonal the image is taken, the water level is straight and the treeline slanted. I agree with reduce the FG some. I like the soft effect of the image - also like a painting. Cubs in good position and faces towards the camera. Would it be better if the sow was turned more towards you? I know how hard it is to get all those things clicking at once.

Nice work.

Judy Howle
08-26-2010, 09:15 PM
Lovely image. The colors are soft and beautiful.