Exposure Mode = Manual exposure
White Balance = Auto white balance
Focal Length In 35mm Film = 157mm
Lens = nikkor 105mm/F:2,8 VR
I have used "Strobela" for a soft flash
HH.

Steve Maxson
08-24-2010, 09:09 PM
Hi Adrian. I like the sharpness, soft lighting, clean background, and the diagonal stem. The water drop is very sharp, but I find that it is pulling my eye away from the butterfly - if it was in front of the butterfly it might be a different story. You might consider cropping from the right to eliminate the drop. This would also move the butterfly away from the image center. :) Otherwise, the image is very well done.

Jonathan Ashton
08-25-2010, 03:42 AM
I like the water droplet especially as it has a reflection therein, but I agree entirely with Steve's comments - very nice shot indeed and one of my favourite subjects (no surprise there eh?)

Allen Sparks
08-25-2010, 06:51 AM
Wonderful focus and clarity. Very nice image. I don't mind the drop as an added point of interest but a crop as suggested would also make a fine composiiton IMHO.

Roman Kurywczak
08-25-2010, 10:16 AM
Hey Adrian,
I agree with the above comments regarding the water drop. If so inclined, I would try blending the whitish/grey area first to the more beige before cropping.....this may allow you to keep the drop. Otherwise I agree with the crop suggestion. All in all....very nicely done and and easy fiz to take this up yet another notch!

Ken Childs
08-25-2010, 10:53 AM
The water drop doesn't bother me but I do think cropping from the right (and maybe a tiny bit from the left) would a good idea. Otherwise, this looks great!

Adrian David
08-25-2010, 01:24 PM
Thank you very much!
I've kept the water drop to give some balance to the composition...I like the background, as is, with the light on the right and the dark tones on the left, and cropping from the right ,would void this nice effect...Maybe I'm wrong with this, but this is the way I saw this photo, composition wise...

Art Kornienko
08-25-2010, 06:48 PM
I would have cropped the water drop out, but it doesn't really bother me that much. I would have preferred to have the head tilted a bit more in toward the camera.