PDA

View Full Version : American Goldfinch- drawing

Janet Heintz
08-23-2010, 04:45 PM
I played around with this image in Topaz Adjust, using one of the drawing filters. Then transferred the image to Photoshop, from there I worked with several different layers to remove the background and added a few gradient filters, more sharpening and a few level adjustments.
Back into Lightroom for a little fine tuning.
Comments Welcome
Janet

kostas nianiopoulos
08-23-2010, 05:23 PM
verry good Janet , if it was mine maybe i could try to add around a blury white mask to get more dream look . well done !!

Christopher Miller
08-23-2010, 05:58 PM
Excellent drawing look, Janet. Lovely pose and flower arrangement. Personally, I think a plain white BG might look better and be more in keeping with the drawing look. Just a thought.

Kerry Perkins
08-24-2010, 12:08 AM
Hi Janet. I like your finch composition. I think it looks like a pencil watercolor on a wash background, very nice. If you did want to go for a colored drawing look then Christopher's suggestion regarding the background might be better. I would extend the stems on the two upper flowers to the edge of the frame, just like the flower on the right, and correct the bg color between the two stems. Or, you might even consider losing the third flower altogether and cropping a bit from the right side. Thank you for sharing!

Steve Adkins
08-24-2010, 01:49 AM
Janet, I really like this image and the mood it conveys. Thank you for sharing your process.

denise ippolito
08-24-2010, 12:24 PM
Janet, I like the way you processed this. The sketched look along with the colors is wonderful. I like Kerry's suggestion regarding the stems since the flower on the right is not in the bottom "cloud area". Nicely done and thank you for sharing your work flow.:)

Janet Heintz
08-25-2010, 08:17 PM
Thanks All,
I am going to work on this again and see what else I can come up with. Thanks for all the suggestions :)