Scott A. Flaherty
08-23-2010, 03:14 PM
http://www.clanoflaherty.com/externallink/SAF_20100518_110654AA.jpg

Nikon D700, Nikon AF-S 28-70mm f/2.8, 1/15 sec, f/16, 38mm
Lightroom 3, Photoshop CS5

Robert Amoruso
08-23-2010, 03:37 PM
Scott,

I really like this. Excellent painterly quality to it due to the soft, low-contrast light. Plus clouds in the sky. I like the great reflection as well.

The only thin I would have asked for here is on the left side the tree that exist the frame at its bottom - would have liked to see all of it in the image.

Roman Kurywczak
08-24-2010, 08:16 AM
Hey Scott,
When I first opened the image.....my thoughts echoed Robert's! I've been to the location myself.....so you did very well eliminating tree distractions and clutter! Remember......comments on the left tree are not a deal breaker by any stretch.....just may have been nicer to have it in although that may have introduced more unwanted stuff. Excellent shot overall!:cheers:

Robert Amoruso
08-24-2010, 08:19 AM
Hey Scott,
When I first opened the image.....my thoughts echoed Robert's! I've been to the location myself.....so you did very well eliminating tree distractions and clutter! Remember......comments on the left tree are not a deal breaker by any stretch.....just may have been nicer to have it in although that may have introduced more unwanted stuff. Excellent shot overall!:cheers:

I agree, the left edge tree comment is not a deal breaker as Roman says.

Dave Mills
08-26-2010, 11:36 PM
Hi Scott, good job on this with soft,appealing light. I like the tree as a strong anchor on the left with the other trees framing the rock somewhat. Normally I might want more of the tree on the left but as stated it could bring in more information than is necessary.(wouldn't know unless I saw it) Overall, well handled!!