70mmm macro flash off f14 1/20 ISO 200 image shadowed by linen raw converted
in camera: VIVID15 contr saturation:D lighting sat 3 tone3
EV -=0,7
slight work in N. Capture.
comments appreciated

Roman Kurywczak
08-24-2010, 09:06 AM
Hey Valerio,
I like the concept but the overall sharpness isn't there for me and there could be a bunc of reasons why. If this was out in the field.....the slow SS would make it extremely difficult to get the focus. The slightest breeeze makes the web move and at this magnification......even more difficult. Pushing the ISO and perhaps even sacrificing some DOF......would help ensure the web and drops weren't soft from movement. I also may have preferred this w/o the dark green and looked for an angle to capture the drops against the wonderful colors. I hope you get another shot at this because the concept is very cool!

Valerio Tarone
08-24-2010, 11:31 AM
thank you Roman YES! SS is a problem nevertheless the tripod. ..and the flash was in my car far away. Pushing the ISO was an idea...the web broke dawn because I cut the herbs threads. I put another shot but the data are the same.

Mike Moats
08-24-2010, 01:28 PM
Hey Valerio, agree with Roman, good idea and concept, just not enough sharpness to make this work. Agree also on shooting webs, you did very early morning, no wind conditions. Even your own air movement from your body will make these things move, which can cause softness in the focus.

Anita Bower
08-26-2010, 05:33 PM
I prefer the composition of the second image. The BG colors are lovely. I hope you try again.