ISO:100
LR & CS3
Tripod
Shot indoors with natural window light.
BG is white foam core.

Roman Kurywczak
08-22-2010, 08:45 PM
Hey Ken,
I like that you are stepping out of your comfort zone on these! I love the line and where you chose to focus.......the right side seems a touch brgiht with a bit too much bleed into the BG foamcore. I am also debating the whish area on the left......I think I would prefer it the same/similar pale green as the rest of that side....but that may just be the way the plant was! You are seeing some great lines.....but not sure this one is working for me overall.:(

Julie Kenward
08-22-2010, 08:46 PM
Look at you getting all artistic and abstract on us! This is really beautiful, Ken! Love the curve of the leaf - this is one of my favorite plants BTW.

Only thing I see that might take this up another notch would be to pull back the yellows in the green area at the bottom right corner. It's a little more yellow than the other greens and just needs a slight change to a cooler tone. I think that would keep the eye from resting there and let it continue to wander up and down along your focal point.

Neat, neat, neat!

OvidiuCavasdan
08-23-2010, 12:51 PM
I like the idea, good eye on this, nice curve and composition. I find the area on right side a bit bright. This kind of leaves are not easy subject but interesting to explore more.

Anita Bower
08-26-2010, 01:21 PM
I have tried unsuccessfully to take photos of Lambs Ears. Good for you! I think you got the detail in the right place, and I like that curve. The bright white foam board has the effect of making the upper left side look muddy, when in fact it is a pale green. Would making the right side pale green help? I love how you keep trying new approaches to your photos!!