PDA

View Full Version : Summer Visions of the Great Smoky Mountains

Michael Pancier
08-22-2010, 08:06 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JM2uvVXqq-4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JM2uvVXqq-4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Bill Wood
08-22-2010, 09:07 PM
Nice job!
I visit the Smokies frequently and especially enjoy Cades Cove, Tremont and Cataloochee.
The "Ken Burns" effect is nice on the stills. Some of your video is pretty shaky, however.

Michael Pancier
08-22-2010, 09:56 PM
Most of the video is shot with iphone or Canon HV30. my wife usually mans the video camera when I'm shooting stills. need to get her a tripod....

Jim Michael
08-27-2010, 09:39 PM
I'd like to see a lot less zoom action and much slower pans. Loved the bear at 1:48 and awesome job on the audio.

Michael Pancier
08-30-2010, 06:01 PM
Thanks Jim, eventually I'll get the right balance for doing the multimedia thing. Maybe I'll get a flip HDVR which is small and can take it with me so I don't have to rely on others ;-D

Gerald_Gilligan
08-31-2010, 06:37 PM
Michael,
I like the overall presentation here...I would have liked a slower zoom on your intro images as the music has a slower tempo that the images would benefit from following... some of your transitions work great and some I would change. I have been experimenting with my 5D MKII and still need some research before I post anything. At least you have dove in and put some nice video / stills together. I'm just curious as to why you are not using your 5D or 7D for Video?

Jerry

Michael Pancier
09-06-2010, 04:31 PM
Jerry, I use the 7d for video when I have the lens attached. It is so easy to go from stills to video on that camera. On the 5d Mark II, it is a pain, and I get frustrated going through menus. I sometimes use the g10, my iphone, or a hv30 for video. If there was a one button switch on the 5d mark II, I guess I'd use it more.