PDA

View Full Version : Costa Rican Lizard

Doug Brown
08-22-2010, 09:52 AM
Here's a nice headshot of a Costa Rican lizard from my last workshop. Not sure about the species ID. Even though my workshops emphasize birds, I always enjoy getting up close with those exotic reptiles!

Canon 7D, 100mm f/2.8 macro, f/18, 1/200, ISO 200, manual exposure, FAML

Ron Bernstein
08-22-2010, 10:20 AM
That really pops! I particularly like the fact that the eye is locked with mine and demands that attention be held! Lovely bokeh: soft green reall complements the colors of the animal. Congrats!

OvidiuCavasdan
08-22-2010, 12:33 PM
Very nice portrait. Like the details and colors, the eye is awesome. Also very nice BG. Like it a lot.

Ken Childs
08-22-2010, 01:58 PM
Doug, this is fantastic! As already mentioned, the eye really makes this shot. I think a slight contrast boost might really put this one over the top, although it's pretty much there already! :)

Roman Kurywczak
08-22-2010, 08:23 PM
Hey Doug,
Yeah....as small LCE and this one will just explode off the screen! Super pose against a great BG!:cheers:

Julie Kenward
08-22-2010, 08:36 PM
Doug, what an awesome image! That eye really does draw us right in. One thing you might look at is to take a bit off the left side - kind of get his nose closer to the ULC by taking a tiny piece off the top and a bit more off the right side. You don't want the nose banging into the frame but if it were closer to the edge I think the eye would find the "triangle" interesting.

Greg Basco
08-26-2010, 05:53 PM
Hey, Doug. Looks very nice. Good light and BG!:) This is the helmet-headed iguana (aka casque-headed lizard), Corytophanes cristatus, one of my favorite herp subjects here in Costa Rica.

Cheers,
Greg