Flash Off
FE lock OFF
White Balance Mode Auto
AF Mode Manual focusing
AF area select mode Spot AF

Roman Kurywczak
08-21-2010, 03:44 PM
Hey Don,
Really nice pose and light on this critter.....they aren't that smalll but boy do they have some killer colors! I do wish you had taken a step to the left......get the hopper on more of a parallel plane....but it isn't a deal breaker. This may have also eliminated the OOF brownish grasses on the LL......but and easy patch job to clean that up. I do like the inclusion of the BG in this case even with the bit of sky peeking through. Minor tweaks to make this one a wineer!:cheers:
PS See if you can use the dodge tool to bring up the one antenae....ever so slightly.

Julie Kenward
08-21-2010, 03:56 PM
Great advice by Roman, Don. I think smoothing out the OOF grass on the LLC will be worth the time. I really like that we get to see the environment around him - it really adds quite a bit to the image. He really pops off the page!

Don Hamilton Jr.
08-21-2010, 04:13 PM
Thks Jules, and Roman, we'll work on that, appreciate the tips, and pointers!
See ya at the workshop!
Don

Ken Childs
08-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Hey Don, this is a nice shot of an Eastern Lubber. This is probably my favorite grasshopper photo subject because every stage of their lives look like a completely different species.

Good tips by Roman and Jules.

Connie Mier
08-24-2010, 10:04 AM
Don, great shot of a beautiful grasshopper, very well composed and the detail is exquisite. The oof knee is just a little distracting. Could you have moved more left to get a more parallel plane with the subject?:).