08-21-2010, 07:12 AM
nikon d 300 iso 400
1/500 @ 5.6
70-200 mm lens
horrible light conditions however like the image
played with it delete or keep??

Jamie Douglas
08-21-2010, 11:36 AM
Hi Stuart, I would keep it, I have a folder for images that dont make it into my main archives but do capture a moment. To my eyes it looks like the NR is a little too stong but apart from that the way I look at it is... do you have any better pics from the day that capture a better scene etc? If so maybe delete, but if not keep. What did the original look like?

Jamie

Doug Brown
08-21-2010, 12:06 PM
I'd keep it. As Jamie suggests, backing off on the NR would help. I would also lighten the eyes a little. I like the interaction!

Julie Kenward
08-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Stuart, I think the other two are right. It's not an award-winning image but it's certainly in focus and with a little more detail brought in would be cute to hang on to. I also think the interaction is wonderful!

Lance Peters
08-21-2010, 06:34 PM
Hi - Keep - like the interaction - agree with the above suggestions.
:)

Desmond Chan
08-22-2010, 02:00 AM
I'd keep it unless I've got something better. Just because it's probably not going to win any competition doesn't mean it should go to the garbage is my opinion.

Bill Dix
08-22-2010, 08:33 AM
Another vote for keeping, if only as a record of the moment which is lovely. Seems a bit soft, but perhaps that's the NR as mentioned above. If so, this could be corrected with another stab at the PP from the original.

Eric Virkler
08-23-2010, 06:03 PM
Keep it. While not a sellable image, it can still be enjoyed by your family and friends (as well as us here at BPN)

Eric Virkler
Faces of Nature Photography
www.ericjvirkler.com

Katherine Enns
08-24-2010, 12:31 AM
Its pretty cute, it could use a caption, as it has comedic value IMHO. I'd crop it though. dont toss it, its got something.

Stan Cunningham
08-29-2010, 01:46 AM
Keep it Stuart, I kept mine as I was standing right next to you. But the light conditions were low, I should have gone a higher ISO so a faster shutter speed. I reduce some of the photos I like but would not want on my photographic vitae, and run them through a continuous screensaver. I spend more time looking at the pics on my 2 monitors than I do watching TV when I'm relaxing.