PDA

View Full Version : Quietly

wendell westfall
08-20-2010, 10:43 PM
D90 70-200VR+2X@340 1/2500 f7.1 ISO640 0EV monopod

I found this guy last week, sneaking up on his prey very carefully and very quietly. It was not a real bright morning, and I think the whites came out okay. I am unsure about the noise. I particularly liked his body pose. Comments, please . . .

Wendell

Jim Neiger
08-21-2010, 10:08 AM
The hunting pose with the raised foot is pretty cool. Exposure looks fine. The rocks behind the bird are a bit distracting, IMO.

Arthur Morris
08-21-2010, 11:47 AM
Nice rocks and raised foot. EXP good too. But the bird's head is angled away from you. It is likely that had you gotten a foot lower that could have avoided the merge of the bird's belly with the rocks.

Roman Kurywczak
08-21-2010, 01:12 PM
Hey Wendell,
Comments on pose and rocks already mentioned.....but I do think taking some off the bottom helps a bit with the rocks. As I like tight crops......would also whack some off the top to eliminate the OOF stuff in the ULC.......but you could also patch it if you prefer. I would probably run a round of NR on the BG......doesn;t look terrible but will just help in the darker areas.

Bill Dix
08-21-2010, 04:14 PM
Hi Wendell. Great pose! Agree the rocks are a bit distracting. Roman's suggestion might help -- maybe take off just a bit, enough to eliminate the side of the flat rock just below the foot, to focus more on the bird and his hunting stance.

wendell westfall
08-22-2010, 01:18 PM
'preciate all the input. I think taking some off the bottom does improve the presentation.