PDA

View Full Version : Alaska: Mt McKinley

Hazel Grant
08-20-2010, 11:12 AM
Thinking about my upcoming trip to Alaska, I dug out this photo of McKinley, cropped to pano. Wish the poles, lines weren't there, but then this is Alaska.

f8,200,1/640

Roman Kurywczak
08-20-2010, 12:03 PM
Hi Hazel,
No trip to Alaska for me this year unfortunately.....but remember the view well! I think your choice of pano was a good one!.....the road and even the poles flow nicely to the mountain I realize that Denali (my preference:)) had more visible at the base.....but the perpetual haze or smoke makes it fortunate that you just caught a nice glimpse of it! You may have been able to sacrifice some SS for DOF.....even HH'ing.....but all in all a nicely composed scene.....even with the poles and road!

Robert Amoruso
08-20-2010, 05:46 PM
Ditto Roman's comments.

Nick Palmieri
08-22-2010, 04:23 PM
The mountain just seems to be hanging out there. Nice job with the crop.

Tim Rucci
08-22-2010, 04:42 PM
Great job, Hazel! This works very well as a pano, and I love this particular view. It reminds me of the twilight view I saw last year from the Denali Highway as we were returning to Denali NP from Valdez. Such an awesome sight ! Congrats !

Dave Mills
08-27-2010, 10:02 AM
Hi Hazel, good choice for a pano along with pleasing lighting. You handled the road placement well and I like the small fringe of dark clouds running along the top acting as a subtle frame. Well done!