PDA

View Full Version : Go Badgers!

Norm Dulak
08-20-2010, 09:05 AM
Nikon D300

105mm Micro Nikkor f/2.8 VRII lens w/36mm extension tube and stacked Nikon T5 & T6 close-up filters, tripod mounted

Electronic cable release w/mirror lock-up

ISO Equivalent 640; MM + 0.33; 1/60 sec @ f/32

PP in PS CS5: I applied the standard minor adjustments and also used Content Aware, to remove a bit of the driveway marker stakes that supported my mascot and were visible in the RAW fie. I also applied Topaz DeNoise v4 at the beginning.

I've become very interested in dewdrops reflecting flowers. But alas, at this time of the year there are no flowers near my dewdrops.:( What will you do under these dire circumstances!

But then I thought, hey, it's nearing football season! What about a tribute to my alma mater!? So, I substituted my Bucky Badger mascot doll mounted on two driveway marker stakes, upside-down, for the flowers missing behind my dewdrop. Result IMO, a seriously interesting dewdrop!

To give the viewer some perspective, the dewdrop was about 1/8 inch in diameter, while Bucky measures 11 inches high x 8 inches wide. How's that for a packing job!

I note that with such massive close-up hardware DOF becomes a precious commodity, so please give me a break here!:) My focus was mainly on the dewdrop!

Even if you graduated from a different college or university, I welcome your C & C!:cheers:

Norm

Roman Kurywczak
08-20-2010, 10:40 AM
Hey Norm,
You could have impressed Linda and went out to the store and buy her some flowers;)!!! .....still.....not always the easiest to pull off due to the steep DOF fallof and lit very, very, nicely as well as composed well......now go out to the store and buy the flowers.....and do take 2........it does get you some decent brownie points! :D

Linda Dulak
08-20-2010, 12:02 PM
Roman -- Thanks for the suggestion! Although I do like the photo of Bucky!

Linda

Mike Moats
08-20-2010, 12:29 PM
Hey Norm, great job getting Bucky in this sharp focus. I think this would work much better cropped into a vertical and eliminate all the extra of the stem and negative space.

Julie Kenward
08-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Mike and Roman make some good points but, dang, this is cute! Way to think outside the box, Norm. :D

Now go get your wife some flowers!!!

Steve Maxson
08-20-2010, 07:43 PM
I'm no Badgers fan, Norm, :) but I do like what you've done here with Bucky. I agree that a vertical comp would be an improvement. Well conceived and executed.

Norm Dulak
08-21-2010, 08:50 AM
Thanks to everyone who looked at and commented on what for me has been an enjoyable little project!

I thought Mike's suggestion of a more vertical crop was interesting, and I've posted one here in response. But much more importantly, I yield to the consensus suggestion that Linda should get some flowers!!!!!:D

Norm

Anita Bower
08-23-2010, 10:56 AM
:D
Clever and well executed.