PDA

View Full Version : Florida east coast

Pat Gerlach
03-08-2008, 08:46 PM
I have all week to spend on Florida's east coast and am thinking about Wakodahachee or ENP. Anyone have a update on Wakodahachee, Anhinga Trail or Flamingo?

Maxis Gamez
03-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Hi Pat,

They are all active now. I would go to Anhinga Trail and not Flamingo but since you are there already maybe worth the drive to Flamingo.

Have fun!

Fabs Forns
03-08-2008, 10:18 PM
Flamingo is very active with Osprey . Lots of Kestrels and Res Shouldered Hawks and even a Northern Harrier.

Wako is VERy active, last Friday afternoon we had a display of 6 GBHs flying around disputing territory and potential mates, although there are 3 nests with chicks. Anhingas are also very active. Nearby Grreen Cay Wetlands has had a handful of Spoonbills and many Limpkins.

Anhinga Trail is not as active as past years, but you always fin something to do if you are patient. .

Enjoy!

Maxis Gamez
03-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Thank you Fab. Good to know Ospreys are busy at Flamingo.

Pat Gerlach
03-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Thank you both for the information, it will be very helpful in planning my week. Next weekend I'll be at Key Biscayne. Anything there?

Fabs Forns
03-09-2008, 10:17 PM
Crandon Gardens, in Key Biscayne offers a family of Sandhill Cranes, several Egyptian Geese, exotic ducks and always something to keep you busy. If the water is clean in the back pond, the images on birds floating are awesome. There are also many Peacocks that may be displaying at this time.

Georgina Salup
03-12-2008, 06:33 AM
Is Crandon still open? I tried going a couple of months ago and was told the access was closed.

Fabs Forns
03-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Is Crandon still open? I tried going a couple of months ago and was told the access was closed.

It is open, Georgina, you just have to go in a different way. Instead of the main entrance, walk left and go in the side door in the back.

Check our bilingual Forum, Spain/Latin America, I meant to e-mail you about it :)