PDA

View Full Version : Savannah Sparrow

Jason G. Harrison
08-19-2010, 06:24 PM
While hunting for LeContes Sparrows in this huge expanse of native prairie grasses, I had numerous chances at Savannah Sparrows. This particular bird perched up nice and tall for me and offered me a super clean background. Behind this bird is hundreds of acres of Prairie Grass that is 3-4 feet tall, what a site that is in the fall!

I did remove a few OOF tips of grass from the edges.

D300, 600VR, 1.4tc, f/6.3, ISO 400, 1/1000th, +.3 EV compensation

http://www.jasongharrison.com/images/4613_v3_S.jpg

Hope you enjoyed. As always C&C welcomed and encouraged. Hope your not getting sick of my "Sparrow Saga". Sparrows are one of my favorite birds to go after and I have lots to share and hopefully as fall approaches, will have more species to go after.

Jason

Connie Mier
08-19-2010, 06:34 PM
The bg is killer, fantastic shot. I might be seeing some clone artifacts above the bird's back along the grass, but maybe not.

Jason G. Harrison
08-19-2010, 08:15 PM
The bg is killer, fantastic shot. I might be seeing some clone artifacts above the bird's back along the grass, but maybe not.

Thanks Connie...no cloning was done in that area...just along the left edge and bottom left corner. There indeed is a darker area in the bg there though. I really appreciate your reply.

Jason

Glenda Simmons
08-19-2010, 09:16 PM
Nicely done. Love the background and nice detail on the bird without over sharpening it. Now I know who can help me ID these tricky little buggers. We do see the Savannah in my area.

Aidan Briggs
08-20-2010, 01:27 PM
Great light, and BG!! Good perch too!! IMO its just a little over-sharpened.

Well done!