PDA

View Full Version : Marble Godwit

Myer Bornstein
08-18-2010, 06:42 PM
I have seen the marbled godwit spotting scopes over the years. This week the marble godwit has been showing up regularly on the beach at Horseneck state Park in Westport, Mass. I went this morning with a friend of mine both for birdwatching at to see if I could photograph the godwit. The godwit was present and was very cooperative, and allowed me to get within 15 feet of it. This is a picture of it coming in for a landing in the water and I like the blur of the wings, which shows the action.
Nikon D 300s, Sigma 50 – 500 at 500 mm F8 ISO 400 1/800, adjusted in light room in Photoshop with a slight crop.

Robert O'Toole
08-18-2010, 07:44 PM
The pose with the dangling feet above the little wave is very nice. That with the wing blur makes it work for me.

Looks a little dark over all on my monitor. I wish the near wing was raised just a little more. Dont like the catch light, it looks strange, maybe too large?

Robert

Arthur Morris
08-18-2010, 07:51 PM
Good job by Robert. Both your capture and optimization skills are improving (though this is a bit dark). I am betting that you added the highlight. Please let me know :) either way as it is too BIG.

Robert Amoruso
08-18-2010, 08:24 PM
Myer,

I will echo Robert and Artie's comments above.

Horseneck Beach! I have not been there in years. Certainly brings back a lot of good memories.

BTW, I am from Middletown, RI if you don't recall.

Myer Bornstein
08-19-2010, 05:08 AM
Thanks all. Yes I added the catch light. This was my first day really bird watching and photographing at horseneck beach I usually do gooseberry neck and Allens pond right up the road
here is my repost fixed the catch light and lightened the godwit