PDA

View Full Version : Adirondack IR

Nick Palmieri
08-18-2010, 01:51 PM
Mac's B&W landscape reminded me to post this image taken with my newly "infrared" converted Canon EOS 40D. ISO 100, f/16, SS 1/50, HH. Stopped the car and stood in the middle of the street for this one. It was converted in Breezebrowser, then I added levels layer and darkened the blacks a bit.

Roman Kurywczak
08-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Hey Nick,
I see you got a new toy! Night have to do that with my old camera! This is classic IR.....love what it does to clouds and sky. Perhaps a bit of dodge and burn in the foliage along the side of the road for a bit more tonal depth and seperation.....but really nice job with this and good move offsetting the line for the comp. Very well done!

Robert Amoruso
08-18-2010, 05:58 PM
I agree with Roman's comment on the tonal tweaks. All in all I really like this. Strong leading line, strong drama in the clouds and a cool look overall.

One thing that bothers me is the long break in the partial lines in the road in the immediate FG. This just grabs my eye so much - too much. If you are not opposed, I would clone out the broken lines on the road to see how it looks.

Ron Bernstein
08-21-2010, 12:34 PM
I like the image, agree with the tonal adjustments, but respectfully disagree with taking out the lines. To me, the lines add reality and elongate the image.
Removing the skip line would leave one line; that's not how roads are usually striped. What held my attention and wouldn't let go
was the shadow across the middle of the road from the tree on the right. It kept my eye from moving down the road.
I wonder what the image would look like if that was made less apparent?
Nicely done!:D