PDA

View Full Version : Golden Pelican

Scott Frye
08-18-2010, 06:05 AM
Brown Pelican taken at Dunedin Causeway, Florida

1/2000 at F2.8 and ISO 200
Canon 500mm
Canon 7D

I saturated the picture just a bit but this golden color on the pelican was nature's coloring at first light.

Michael Hogan
08-18-2010, 07:34 AM
Scott, nice image, great light, nice BG. Two things that I would say about it. The first is th crop, I find it a tad tight on the RHS. The other is the lines in the BG. They look to me like the horizon and as such should be horizontal. If you do that however the pelican will be pointing up. It's only a small point as I like the image a lot.

TFS

Michael

Daniel Cadieux
08-18-2010, 07:49 AM
Nice colours as you pointed out. The crop is the right idea, but I agree it is a bit tight at right. I'm also wanting to see the image leveled - but as Michael mentions that may have the pelican flying upwards...it still may be worth trying to see if the reault is better. Another point is that the head is angled away - too bad it wasn't at least parallel to you.

Doug Brown
08-18-2010, 09:56 AM
Excellent points above. I like the nice early-morning light. Do wish the bird was flying towards you.

Stephen Earle
08-19-2010, 04:19 AM
Good light and nice detail. I would straighten the image and add more space right. If that leaves the bird flying up you might position it lower in the frame.