PDA

View Full Version : Springbok against All Black

Hendri Venter
08-17-2010, 02:28 PM
I created this in Kgalagadi Trasfrontier park, SA. Would have liked the Wildebeest to be a bit closer though. I will be at Soccer City to watch the Springboks(SA) vs the Al Blacks(NZ) in a Tri Nations rugby test on Saturday.

Canon 1D MKIII
Canon 600mm
ISO 400
Aperture Priority
F4
SS 1/2500

Deborah Harrison
08-17-2010, 06:38 PM
I love this juxtaposition! Sharp focus on the springbok, good light and enough of the widlebeest shown to identify it as such.
On my monitor the whites seem to have a slightly blue/cyan tone, you might want to play with that or see if anyone else has the same comment.

A lovely image!

Marc Mol
08-17-2010, 07:16 PM
Love the title Hendri! Like this comp very much, nice use of DOF.
Just wish the horns sat inside the Gnu for mine. Agree with Deb on the whites, just a slight tweak needed there.
You know the All Blacks will come out on top! :p
TFS

Hilary Hann
08-17-2010, 08:13 PM
I agree with your own judgement on having the wildebeest closer, but love the crisp, clear view on the Springbok. Really nice profile view.

Rachel Hollander
08-17-2010, 08:51 PM
Hendri - I really like this too. The eyes of the springbok seem to have a reflection as well. Btw not sure but I think if the wildebeast was closer it might be unrecognizable. Congrats on a fine image.

TFS,
Rachel

Morkel Erasmus
08-18-2010, 04:58 AM
nice perspective here mate! I think we will trump them this time - the Vuvuzelas are behind us...lucky blighter to be attending the game (but then again I will be in the Drakensberg on Saturday so I'd much rather be me than you hehe)

Ken Watkins
08-18-2010, 09:09 AM
Hendri,

You appear to have left the words "and referee" out of your title:D, after All Blacks of course!

An interesting pose but I cannot make up m mind whether it works or not

Robert Amoruso
08-18-2010, 05:45 PM
This is a very interesting idea and composition but like Ken I feel that moving around might have made this better.

For instance, moving left might have gotten a better view of the face and better eye contact as well as placing the Springbok towards the hindquarters of the Wildebeest thereby getting the hole head and antlers of the Springbok with a BG of black. Of course that assumes moving was a possibility.

Great job seeing the possibilities.

Hendri Venter
08-19-2010, 02:32 AM
Thanks everyone. We will see Marc but I think the Boks might just pull this one off.

Morkel, luckely no Vuvuzelas allowed. Enjoy the berg.

Don Railton
08-19-2010, 03:59 AM
Go the mighty Blacks...:p I can see more Springbok stew comming up. Nice shot Hendri by the way..

Don

Hendri Venter
08-25-2010, 11:29 AM
Thanks Don. Hope you enjoyed the stew. Saturday might be a different story.;)

Arthur Morris
08-28-2010, 04:46 PM
A bit lower and a bit lefter would have made this even better. It is quite a nice juxtaposition as is. I especially like the contrast of white with dark.

BenBotha
08-29-2010, 12:03 PM
I like the shot. Well done-pity about the rugby!