PDA

View Full Version : Roman Lily with Denise influence

Douglas Bolt
08-17-2010, 07:42 AM

Canon 7D, Sigma 150, ISO 200, f9, 1/200, probably CP, tripod, flash, cropped to locate yellow in upper right, removed some floaters, boosted saturation of yellow, smoothed noise in background, and sharpened flower.

CC much appreciated. I'm considering moving the green bud up in the frame a little to improve balance.

Roman Kurywczak
08-17-2010, 10:51 AM
Hey Doug,
I was just kidding when I said you had to name them all Roman Lilies!;) Because you allowed enough ambient light in......you got the reflections......so good move there! Any higher on the f-stop......because we used flash......reflection starts to get lost! You have some stuff in the LRC.....my guess edge of pad.......and while I be OK with the bud where it is....if you are going to move it......lower and slightly to the right......between reflection and bloom......just don't make it too perfect!.....will look unnatural. These yellow guys are tough so you handled the light nicely and the colors look right on. Nicely done!

denise ippolito
08-17-2010, 12:23 PM
Doug, I love the title! Roman makes some good suggestions. I think the reflection makes this one special. I like the black BG and I might give it a teeny,teeny bit more room on the bottom. This was handled very well as Roman points out.:)

Anita Bower
08-17-2010, 07:59 PM
Lovely details and color in this flower. The reflection is lovely. I would prefer the image to be less dark, allowing one to see the stem reflection. I would also eliminate the green bud as being distracting. I know these beauties are challenging to photograph. Good job.

Douglas Bolt
08-18-2010, 04:24 PM
Thanks all for the helpful suggestions.