PDA

View Full Version : Family Coming Home

Bonnie Block
08-16-2010, 05:16 PM
Sure getting the itch to go back to Bosque.

Canon 7D
500/4 IS + 1.4 TC
1/1250s f/9.0 at 700.0mm iso400

Alan Lillich
08-16-2010, 05:44 PM
I really like the Impressionist look - did you do something specific in post for that? Even though the birds intersect, all of the heads are visible - it works for me. Nice detail even in the shaded parts of the wings.

Robert O'Toole
08-16-2010, 07:11 PM
Yes I agree with Alan, the Bokeh is not very smooth, maybe a Extender or Teleconvertor was used, but it works here. It looks like a painting effect.

Good job with the exposure considering the hard sidelight.

On this type of image with a lot of blue reflected from the sky and a lot of blue haze I like to convert warmer or even pull out blue to warm it up but its just a personal preference.

Robert

Bonnie Block
08-16-2010, 07:52 PM
I really like the Impressionist look - did you do something specific in post for that? Even though the birds intersect, all of the heads are visible - it works for me. Nice detail even in the shaded parts of the wings.
Thank you, Alan. No--I did not do anything to the bg in this image. I think the combination of distance and the teleconverter created this look. I agree, in a perfect world we would like them all separated--but this one works for me too.

Bonnie Block
08-16-2010, 07:55 PM
Yes I agree with Alan, the Bokeh is not very smooth, maybe a Extender or Teleconvertor was used, but it works here. It looks like a painting effect.

Good job with the exposure considering the hard sidelight.

On this type of image with a lot of blue reflected from the sky and a lot of blue haze I like to convert warmer or even pull out blue to warm it up but its just a personal preference. Yep, this was the 500 with the 1.4 from quite a distance, late afternoon sun.

76606Robert

Robert, Thank you for your comment and suggestion on removing the blue. I had warmed it up, but I took it a bit further now and adjusted the blues via color balance.

Randy Stout
08-16-2010, 08:12 PM
Bonnie:

The painterly effect on the background is nice here, and I like the repost with the reduced blue cast.
Overlap does make the image more complex, but it still works.
To my eye it looks like 4 adults and one juvi {bottom}

Thanks for sharing this one!

Randy

Kaustubh Deshpande
08-17-2010, 12:12 PM
Beautiful stuff Bonnie. That painterly BG is really unique and special. One heck of a shot.

denise ippolito
08-17-2010, 12:50 PM
Bonnie, The impressionist BG looks amazing! I like the repost and think that you did a great job w/ the group of them.

Robert O'Toole
08-17-2010, 04:43 PM
Robert, Thank you for your comment and suggestion on removing the blue. I had warmed it up, but I took it a bit further now and adjusted the blues via color balance.

Looks good Bonnie.

Your image really has made me start thinking about getting back Bosque again this winter! thanks for the inspiration.

Robert