PDA

View Full Version : For Roman...

Jerry van Dijk
08-16-2010, 03:23 PM
... our own NEW Jersey tiger! :D:D:D
Not a very great image, but it gives you a good idea of the nice wings of this Jersey Tiger moth. This one is diplaying it's "eyes" on the bright red lower wings, to scare away any adversaries (possibly me in this case!).

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, handheld, 83 mm (500 mm eq.), ISO-200, F/7.0, 1/1250 sec, pattern metering, aperture priority, RAW.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
ACR 5.0. Cropped for composition. Sharpening in Photopaint. Further PP in CS4. Serious cloning to get rid of a clutter of OOF flowers at the bottom.

Roman Kurywczak
08-16-2010, 04:42 PM
Hey Jerry, I hope I can get these next August if I vist after my Tanzania trip! It is quite a lovely BF! Yes the comp is distracting but that just means this has to be a tough one to get and I like the challenge. Thanks for sharing it!

Jerry van Dijk
08-19-2010, 06:14 AM
Hi Roman, is your stop after Tanzania in The Netherlands or France? I took these images in Brittany, France, where these moths are abundant in places. In The Netherlands it's quite rare though, you'll only find them in the south, and then only occasionally. Up for any macro in Tanzania, or is it just lions and landscapes?