PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer in Vertical Crop

Joe Senzatimore
08-16-2010, 10:27 AM
Just trying something a bit different. Some may want this to have more room for the subject to fly into , butnwhat good are rules if we can't break them once in a while????

800 ISO f5.6 at 1/800th

denise ippolito
08-16-2010, 11:24 AM
Joe, I like the details and exposure. The slope of the beach has already been covered. I might be one of those that would prefer more room for the juvi to skim into but I will admit it's nice to see something a bit different and it's nice to see people trying new and creative ways to present their images.:)

Randy Stout
08-16-2010, 12:33 PM
Joe:

The techs are good, like the pose. Interesting to see him skimming in the shallow water running off the beach. Hope he doesn't crash.
Yes, traditional rules would want more room in front. The narrow framing, coupled with the wing angle, does force our eye towards the center of the frame. Perhaps a new paradigm! :p

Cheers

Randy

Arthur Morris
08-16-2010, 12:57 PM
I like the tight square crop here. It does however make it appear that at least some CW rotation is needed. I hope that the sun comes out again before I go home on the 25th!

Hendri Venter
08-16-2010, 01:40 PM
I actually like the portrait crop. I know its the beach slope but it draws my attention as a skew image that needs to be rotated. As said yesterday, great timing.