PDA

View Full Version : Mythicomyiidae

Charissa
08-16-2010, 04:59 AM
http://i33.tinypic.com/o85rhg.jpg
This little fly is locally known as Vida,s fly, as she likes them to bits.:) Very small little flies, and a first for me to capture some cell detail in the eyes.
Canon 50D, Canon MPE-65mm lens.
Canon Speedlight flash, with some home made modification diffusion....;)
ISO 100, f9, and ss of 250.

denise ippolito
08-16-2010, 02:37 PM
Charissa, I think you did a great job getting some cell detail in the eyes. I like the wings they look like stained glass. I know the BG is the flower and the colors are lovely but it is mildly distracting with all the brighter and lighter tones.

Roman Kurywczak
08-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Hi Charissa,
Agree with Denise above......The bright areas are a bit distracting but you should go see if this can be toned down to help improve this image. I do like the way you isolated this and the flower does add....toning the bright areas down will just bring this up a notch.

Charissa
08-17-2010, 01:05 AM
Thanks for the advise Denise and Roman. Will tone some areas down. Appreciate.

Steve Maxson
08-17-2010, 11:45 AM
Hi Charissa. I too really like these little flies (having seen them only in photos) with their hump backs and heron-like "beaks." I've not seen anything like these in this country. Nice sharpness where you most need it and I would agree with Denise and Roman that the background is a bit distracting. Keep them coming!

Charissa
08-18-2010, 02:13 AM
Thanks Steve. It takes time to notice them, as they are very small, but once u know where to look for them, its fun. Appreciate u taking time to comment.:)