PDA

View Full Version : Chicago's Millennium Park

Kerry Perkins
08-15-2010, 06:04 PM
Chicago's Millennium Park is a great example of public space that is inviting, interesting, and fun. Even on this rainy day you can see people out enjoying the scene, kids playing in the water, and generally making good use of the space. I love the towers, with water spilling over the sides and the giant LED wall with images of faces and other features. Great place! (This is The Crown Fountain.)

PS - captured with my old Blackberry, RIP. ;)

Dave Mills
08-15-2010, 07:20 PM
Just put that on my list...thanks Kerry...

Kerry Perkins
08-15-2010, 10:17 PM
Have a great trip Dave!

kostas nianiopoulos
08-16-2010, 03:36 AM
it's a verry special image i i think i like the mood and the reflection of the face .

Mark Fuge
08-16-2010, 03:09 PM
It was being built when we moved down here. Have to go back one day.

Use to park in the old open parking lot that is now under it, when we went to Altman's Camera Store and the Art Museum.

Amazing what you can put on top of a concrete roof, if the dream is there.

Changed a little since then! :D

Kerry Perkins
08-16-2010, 03:16 PM
Hi Mark, I highly recommend a return visit! The place is really nice now (not that it wasn't before...) and lots of changes at the Art Museum also.

Roman Kurywczak
08-20-2010, 09:15 AM
Hey Kerry,
I really like how you framed this! I may come down a bit off the top on the trees....eliminating some of the sky in there......but you placede the sign well in the treees and it is a really nice showcase for the park. Lightening the people a touch may be the final touch on a nicely composed image!