PDA

View Full Version : High ISO Portrait

Lance Peters
08-14-2010, 10:58 PM
Being a nocturnal bird - these guys just do not get up too much during the day.
Tried finding them at night time - no luck as yet but will keep looking.

So trying something a little different again - The OOF area is a foreground tree - trying to give the impression/feel that the subject is peeking out from it.

D3S
Sigmonster @650mm
36MM extension Tube
F5.6
1/100th
6400 ISO
Matrix Metering
Braced on car window

Probably not to everyones taste - what say you!!

Desmond Chan
08-14-2010, 11:26 PM
I think this bird is called Peeping Tom, is it? :D:D Well, at least what you wanted to show and tell works on me. But have to say, other than that, I'm not sure about this image. Image quality is there as usual. Would it be even better if there's something more in the picture, or in a different environment...that could help tell a story better...? :confused:

Lance Peters
08-14-2010, 11:46 PM
I think this bird is called Peeping Tom, is it? :D:D Well, at least what you wanted to show and tell works on me. But have to say, other than that, I'm not sure about this image. Image quality is there as usual. Would it be even better if there's something more in the picture, or in a different environment...that could help tell a story better...? :confused:

Hi Desmond -Ohh how i wish I could get them into a different environment - They spend must f their time sulking around under trees and once they have a daytime roost they tend to stick with it. I have all the standard great portraits etc et but still looking to create something a little different.

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
08-15-2010, 07:10 AM
Look like you captured a good details despite being at ISO 6400, nicely done. For me I don't mind the peeping look, but like Desmond, I wish the OOF background has something in it. Maybe like OOF branches so I would get more of the peeping out feeling. It's good that you try something different though, just keep them coming :)

Dave Leroy
08-15-2010, 10:26 AM
Pretty impressive especially considering the shooting details.

I really like the bg,

I like the idea of the pee a boo look and I agree there needs to be a bit more of a hint to get that feel. A bit more of a head turn or the tree more in focus. Tough one.

I really like the 6400ISO. It would do a great job this fall on the predawn Harriers and SE'd Owls.

Dave

Troy Lim
08-16-2010, 10:49 PM
I love this shot, has the "peeking" feel to it. TFS.