PDA

View Full Version : Pretty in Pink

Nancy Bell
08-14-2010, 06:08 PM
The wildflowers here in the northern Colorado Rockies have been glorious this year. The brillant pink of this penstemon had me taking loads of photos looking for one to convey the deep colors. I tried by isolating one blossom and having others blur in the background.

Canon 7D, Canon 100 f2.8 macro, 1/800, f6.3, exp. comp. -1/3, ISO 400

Comments and critiques very welcome.

denise ippolito
08-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Hi Nancy! Beautiful colored wildflower. I like the composition but I might try to eliminate some of the bud in the URC it kind of hangs on the edge.

Nancy Bell
08-15-2010, 06:57 PM
Thanks, Denise. I can look and look at my photos and not see something like that. I appreciate the additional "eyes" from BPN!

Roman Kurywczak
08-16-2010, 03:34 PM
Hey Nancy,
Great advice by Denise and I will add....wish the bud my have a bit more in focus.....but that may have introduced more unwanted stuff in the BG. Just something to keep in mind for next time out.

Anita Bower
08-17-2010, 05:18 AM
Nice composition, dof, color. The angle of the flower is pleasing, and the way you isolated it from the others works quite well--the one flower stands out. Good advice above. I would clean up some of the dirt on the blossom using clone. Lovely color! I'm especially fond of wildflowers, so I thank you for sharing.