PDA

View Full Version : Local beauty

Kerry Perkins
08-14-2010, 04:36 PM
About thirty miles from my house there is a park called Placerita Canyon. It is a wild area with lots of interesting birds and a pristine creek running through it. Driving a little way up into the mountains I can have this view. This is looking east into the Angeles National Forest, and area that had been devastated by fires in recent years. This particular part of the forest has been spared that fate for now, and really shows that we have a true gem right here north of Los Angeles. Sadly, many city dwellers never see this and even sadder that people get lost out there because they don't understand that it is a wild place.

denise ippolito
08-14-2010, 05:06 PM
Looks like a slice of heaven. I could see myself enjoying the view for hours.

kostas nianiopoulos
08-15-2010, 02:29 AM
the thing that i enjoy , when u get images like these ones Kerry is your blue sky , use or not use a polarizer i dont know , but i like them !!

Arthur Morris
08-15-2010, 02:43 PM
I like the sky and the distant mountains a lot but not the foreground hillside.... A crop from below would be my choice.

Roman Kurywczak
08-20-2010, 09:23 AM
Hey Kerry,
Oh man......you need to visit this place often for sunrise or sunset.......that is one killer vista! This should be on your list to visit when the clouds are coming in......I'd imagine that sunrise or sunset are spectacular! Bring the split ND or 2!:D