PDA

View Full Version : Monteiro's Hornbill

Peregrine Craig Nash
03-08-2008, 02:15 PM
This bird was photographed at the Erongo Wilderness Lodge Namibia. They build their nest and then the female goes and sits on it. The male then seals her into it and makes a small hole with which to feed her through. She is basically sealed in until chicks are hatched.40D sigma 500 f7.1 1/320sec

Axel Hildebrandt
03-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Interesting nesting behavior. I like the pose and snack. I would add a bit space at the left, crop a bit off the top and sharpen the bird more.

Stephen Stephen
03-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Peregrine lovely image of an interesting bird. Good eye contact and head angle The insect in the bill is a real bonus. The dark OOF band in the BG which intersects the head is a touch distracting from a great subject.

I might be tempted to crop a bit off the top of the frame but I still like it as posted.

Judy Lynn Malloch
03-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Very interesting pose and the little bug as mentioned is a lovely bonus. I really like the clean BG and lighting but I agree with Axel's suggestions on cropping. The eye contact in this image is excellent. Thanks for sharing Peregrine.

joel quenneville
03-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Good pose. The insect really adds to this image. I would try to crop this one with a 4:5 ratio to eliminate some of the dead space at the top. I would increase the saturation in photoshop and maybe even add a tiny bit more contrast.

Manos Papadomanolakis
03-08-2008, 04:29 PM
I really like the timing and the pose,I would prefer a bit more sharpening

Daniel Cadieux
03-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the info on this bird's nesting behaviour...a very interesting tidbit. The pose is really good, and I can imagine the insect's legs still moving as it struggles in its predicament! I like the idea of cropping some off the top and adding some canvas at left.

Glenn Bartley
03-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Id take some off the top....maybe 8x10 crop?