PDA

View Full Version : Dickcissel

Jason G. Harrison
08-13-2010, 09:39 PM
Though quite common...this species has given me fits on getting "the" image I have in my mind. I am still not there yet, but finally was able to capture one I like. I had very soft light due to a huge fog bank that was hovering over the wetlands I was in along the mighty Mississippi, which was the Clarence Cannon National Wildlife Refuge.

D300s, 600VR, 1.4tc, ISO 400, f/5.6, 1/250th
http://www.jasongharrison.com/images/1373_ps_S.jpg

Hope you enjoyed and as always, critique is welcomed and encouraged.

Jason

Robert O'Toole
08-14-2010, 09:50 AM
Very nice soft light and a super smooth BG, good job! The image doesnt look soft, but would benefit with some additional sharpening to bring out more feather detail.

Also a S curve would really make the image pop more.

That single green tip in the breast is a negative but its not too bad.

Robert

Troy Lim
08-14-2010, 10:48 AM
Jason, I always love how you processed your image. Sharpness is just perfect. Nice to see you here.

Jason G. Harrison
08-14-2010, 11:15 AM
Very nice soft light and a super smooth BG, good job! The image doesnt look soft, but would benefit with some additional sharpening to bring out more feather detail.

Also a S curve would really make the image pop more.

That single green tip in the breast is a negative but its not too bad.

Robert

Thanks Robert...I am not much of a processing guru, but tried to apply the items you mentioned. On the S curve, I did a VERY slight one in this repost. I also applied a High pass Filter of 1 radius with 70% opacity. This was done in NX2. I cloned out the intrusive blade of grass with CS2.

http://www.jasongharrison.com/images/1373_v2_ps_S.jpg

Troy Lim
08-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Repost looks even better....

Arthur Morris
08-14-2010, 01:17 PM
I loved the original post and the repost is even stronger. How what loverly sweet light and soft colors. And best of all, a textbook head angle and singing pose.

Hendri Venter
08-14-2010, 02:24 PM
They don't come better than this. Fantastic sharp detail and a stunning BG.