PDA

View Full Version : Bald Eagle

Duane Noblick
08-13-2010, 07:01 PM
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k184/yfz450alterego/Misc%20Pictures/IMG_6857b.jpg

Canon 7D, 500mm f/4L, Canon 1.4, manual mode, 1/800" @ f/5.6, ISO 400

Robert O'Toole
08-14-2010, 09:56 AM
Really like the light blue BG, the soft ligth and the detail and feather sharpness is wonderful.

Personally I dont like these types of images showing eye membrane. I would much rather see a preening image with the eye hidden, I know its hard to avoid the membrane sometimes.

do you have more from the series?

Robert

Troy Lim
08-14-2010, 10:37 AM
Agree with Robert's comment. Also, the angle is a bit steep as well...

Duane Noblick
08-14-2010, 10:44 AM
Really like the light blue BG, the soft ligth and the detail and feather sharpness is wonderful.

Personally I dont like these types of images showing eye membrane. I would much rather see a preening image with the eye hidden, I know its hard to avoid the membrane sometimes.

do you have more from the series?

Robert
I have enough images where you can actually see the eye. I wanted to edit something different. I do have other images from this series because he stayed for close to 45 minutes before the female flew by and he took off following her.

Troy...next time I will ask the Eagle to perch on a lower branch but I doubt he will cooperate :). The angle is what it is and I was limited with my shooting angle (the dark spots are blured leaves from a tree I was shooting through) because I was on a strip of land surrounded by water.

Thank you both for your feedback.

Troy Lim
08-14-2010, 10:47 AM
I have enough images where you can actually see the eye. I wanted to edit something different. I do have other images from this series because he stayed for close to 45 minutes before the female flew by and he took off following her.

Troy...next time I will ask the Eagle to perch on a lower branch but I doubt he will cooperate :). The angle is what it is and I was limited with my shooting angle (the dark spots are blured leaves from a tree I was shooting through) because I was on a strip of land surrounded by a lake.

Perhaps you should have included some information in your initial post, that way I would not have made the steep angle comment.
I wish the BEs around this area will cooperate as well. :p

Duane Noblick
08-15-2010, 04:35 AM
Perhaps you should have included some information in your initial post, that way I would not have made the steep angle comment.
I wish the BEs around this area will cooperate as well. :p

I do agree with your observation about the shooting angle and normally I would have passed on an image like this but it's rare to get captures of these Eagles I follow out in the open (I've been following them for close to three years and this is the second time one has perched on a snag over water).

When they are actively nesting our vantage point is much higher so the angle is not as great but there is a lot of clutter where they perch around the nest site.