PDA

View Full Version : Least Sandpiper silhouette

Kaustubh Deshpande
08-13-2010, 12:08 PM
40D. 400f5.6L at f/7.1. iso320. Curves and color temp. adjustment in DPP.

Unfortunately I dont have the RAW or the uncropped version of this one as I deleted it by mistake(from recycle bin too :-( ). before backing up to my external hard drive which I do quite often.

All C&C welcome and appreciated.

Joe Senzatimore
08-13-2010, 12:15 PM
One fine image. Might darken the bottom portion just a bit to try and get it closer to the top in contrast. Love it either way. Very simple , clean image.

Arthur Morris
08-13-2010, 12:31 PM
If you are gonna go for high in the frame, I would crop some off the top to get the bird closer to a corner. Note the relatively short de-curved bill indicative of least.

denise ippolito
08-13-2010, 01:37 PM
Kaustubh, I like Artie's idea about the crop off the top. I think it will be the finishing touch to an already lovely image.

Blake Shadle
08-13-2010, 01:43 PM
Deleted? Forever?? That's a shame. This is a very nice image. I like the idea of a little off the top. Maybe a little bit of CCW rotation. Just small changes to a great creation.

ChasMcRae
08-13-2010, 02:12 PM
Like the color and silhouette thought. Like others say would experiment with placement of the sandpiper in the frame.
I feel for you since my best woodpecker pics got corrupted before I saved or converted them-all I have is a 15kb email. I guess it teaches us to be more careful !

Kaustubh Deshpande
08-13-2010, 02:39 PM
Artie, thx for that tip. I agree that it will better. same room above the bird as behind. Will try it. at least I have non-resized jpg :-)

Charles, thx.....yes, it does teaches us to be careful. I am actually surprised this never happened before :-) there's always a first time for everything.

Stu Bowie
08-13-2010, 02:39 PM
Hi Kaustubh, any silhouette against a brilliant coloured BG works for me. An opportunity well used, and well seen.

Hendri Venter
08-14-2010, 01:55 PM
Love the space in this and golden colours. As Stu mentioned, opportunity well used.