PDA

View Full Version : Vigil over Time

Roman Kurywczak
08-13-2010, 09:08 AM
I'm sure many of you haven't seen this one from a few years back......this is my first truly succesful night shot after many years of less than stellar results. This shot propelled me to experiment more with night photgraphy and shortly after, I purchased the Canon 1D Mark lll and that has allowed me to pursue my passion for night phtography like I had never dreamed!

This is a rework of a film scan. Canon EOS 3 and Kodak E100VS film for approximately an hour at f4.5 all tripod mounted and geyser painted w/ a flashlight.

Dave Mills
08-13-2010, 12:39 PM
Hi Roman, quite a different view of a well known geyser with almost a surrealistic quality to it. Well handled technically with the the geyser erupting being a big plus. I also like the fact the star trails center is offset and emanating from the left.
A high impact image which holds ones attention....well done

denise ippolito
08-13-2010, 02:19 PM
Roman, I don't think I could add too much to Dave's well described critique but I will say I like it a lot and it has great appeal. Nice work and I can't wait to see more:).

Robert Amoruso
08-13-2010, 03:59 PM
I do remember it and echo the comments above.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
08-13-2010, 05:20 PM
Awesome, counting the days when I can get out again instead of working 7 days a week

Judy Howle
08-15-2010, 11:41 AM
Very well done. I really like it.

Ron Tnompson
08-19-2010, 05:13 PM
I like this alot has an almost other worldly look it. Like the stars offset with the polar shot too Ron Thompson