PDA

View Full Version : One more

Desmond Chan
08-12-2010, 10:38 PM
...hope you don't mind another yellow flower :o

300f4 on D700 hand-held. Manual exposure mode. ISO 1600 f16 1/320s.

Full-frame. Shot in vertical crop.

Darkened the leaves slightly and added some vignetting. I find the leaves in the background kind of frame the flower and so decided to leave them there.

Comments welcome and appreciated !!

Jonathan Ashton
08-13-2010, 02:28 AM
Absolutely gorgeous you have captured the texture of the flower beautifully, maybe I would have liked the foliage to be not quite so dark but that is one lovely shot.

Jay Sheinfield
08-13-2010, 05:23 AM
I agree, great capture. Great yellow with striking contrast against the BG, jumps off the page!. I agree on leaving the BG leaves in the frame. Maybe a pinch off the top. Wonderful feeling of light, color and texture in this image. high ISO to get DOF and SS, well done!

kostas nianiopoulos
08-13-2010, 09:06 AM
Verry good desmond , if it was mine , maybe i could try to make the BG black to see how it looks , well done !

Ken Childs
08-13-2010, 09:27 AM
Desmond, another good job on those yellows!
I think this would look more balanced with more space on the left and less on the top and right. Maybe something like this.

Paul Lagasi
08-13-2010, 12:39 PM
Desmond, I've just started trying to capture flower images..very lovely details and color..well done

Roman Kurywczak
08-13-2010, 01:11 PM
Hey Desmond,
We must be doing a good job in here:o.........Ken nailed my comments! You could play with darkening some of the smaller leaves in this too.....but that is subjective and I still like this as is! Nicely done!

Dave Leroy
08-13-2010, 01:27 PM
Very well done Desmond. I really like the detail and sense of depth in the flower.

Of the two I prefer Ken's repost.

Good for you.

Desmond Chan
08-13-2010, 07:14 PM
Of the two I prefer Ken's repost.

:(

Having more room to the left is the conventional way... ;):p:D:D

Thank you for the comments and suggestion guys !! :)

Dave Leroy
08-13-2010, 09:32 PM
Good for you. :D

Julie Kenward
08-15-2010, 08:08 AM
Desmond, I like how the leaves frame the top edge but there is a bit too much space between the leaves at the top and the top of the flower for my taste. I'd play around with moving those leaves closer using either Content Aware Scale or by making a selection of the top of the frame (maybe 1/4" past the top leaves) and then using the move tool to pull them down a little closer to the top of the flower.

BTW, that flower does pop! That's what photography is all about...showing something in its best possible light...and that's what you've done here. It's important to remember that our focal points in images are where people look but it's the quality of the light that keeps 'em looking!

Charissa
08-16-2010, 05:08 AM
Super image Desmond, as Julie said, the flower sure pops from the BG. Love it.