PDA

View Full Version : HDR Photography

James Graham
08-12-2010, 03:13 PM
More cloud formations. This time using: (a) Photomatix, (b) Nik Viveza II, and (c) CS4.
Comments welcome.

Robert O'Toole
08-12-2010, 08:28 PM
I like it over all. Nice cloud detail and tones.

Now here comes some advice. I would take some off the bottom edge to place the green diagional edge in the corner. There is not much interesting going on in the grass anyway. Also that little small tiny cloud fragment on the left edge would clean it up nicely.

Robert

James Graham
08-13-2010, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the reply Robert. I considered cropping out some of the foreground, but then decided to leave it in to provide more depth and scale to the photo.
James

James Graham
08-13-2010, 09:07 AM
Robert,
Here's the image employing your suggestion. I agree that it does help the image. Thanks.
James

Robert Amoruso
08-13-2010, 12:35 PM
Hi James,

I moved your image to the Landscape Forum as that is the more appropriate location for critiquing and more people will see it.

Robert started off well with his crop suggestion as the clouds are the most intesting aspect of the image. For me, I would like to see more overall contrast in the image. HDR can come out with a flat look so a Curves tweak would help. Thanks for posting.

Dave Mills
08-13-2010, 12:55 PM
Hi James,good suggestions by Robert and Robert. Your repost is better but I would have shown the bush on the far right(cropped right below it)
Robert A. made a good point regarding the flatness of the image which can happen with an HDR. I would try some of the methods he suggested to bring more dimension to the image...

Roman Kurywczak
08-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Hey James,
I know this was moved from another forum......so if you can....please post the other camera specs (SS, F-stops, ISO, tripod)...so we can better make some recommendations to you for possible improvements.